Willow Pond Park is in Murray, Utah and is one of the best vacation spots that you can check out with your family. The park itself is spread out over acres of devoted park land with beautiful trees and park amenities. The entire location is filled with serenity that it has won the hearts of many local families, tourists from nearby states, and individuals from all around the world.
Read more as we’ll give you some information about Willow Pond Park Murray UT in today’s article to help you plan on your upcoming visit.
Things To Do
The park features many types of recreational activities for you and your family to enjoy. You can stroll through the scenic rolling hills that surround the entire area or take part in numerous activities help at their golf course. And if you are interested in nature, you may want to go on a hiking trip through the Willow Pond Loop and other numerous paths that are placed throughout the park.
Willow Pond Loop is about 1 mile, and is a lightly trafficked trail that is suitable for hikers of all skill levels. Aside from that, the trail is also used by many visitors for walking, road biking, running, and fishing. Dogs are allowed to walk along the trail as long as they are kept on a leash. A fantastic read.
And since we mentioned fishing, it is one of the main activities you can do in Willow Pond Park because this place is one of the busiest casual fishing spots in Utah. You’ll surely have a good time catching fish with other guests.
Moreover, you and your family can also enjoy other amenities like their 2 playgrounds, basketball courts, volleyball courts, gazebo, and a pavilion.
Other on-site activities to do are the following:
- Pedal Boating
- Pond Swimming
- Kite Flying
- And so much more…
So Why Visit Willow Pond Park
- A perfect place for family bonding. Here, you can spend quality time with your kids and play around or have a picnic in one of the trees while enjoying the best things nature has to offer. And the pond is big enough for those who want to fish, while their fish cleaning area is also awesome according to previous guests.
- The park facilities are well maintained and there’s ample parking space for everyone. In short, you have to spend a lot of time just to find a spot where you can park your car.
- Their bathrooms are also being commended by guests for being clean and stocked with toiletries at all times, which is something rare in most parks in the United States. Also, drinking fountains are available everywhere.
- Despite being close to the freeway, the park is surprisingly calm and quiet. Which is why it gets more and more visitors every year.
- Willow Pond Park is truly a remarkable place to visit if you’re looking for a peaceful escape close to the city.
Address: 6059 Murray Parkway Avenue, Murray, UT 84123
Hours: 7AM – 11PM Monday – Sunday
Phone: (801) 264-2614
Up next is Rose Park, Salt Lake City.